Monday, May 31, 2010

Be careful what you wish for... or don't... or do... not

I personally believe that the worst thing you can do in your life is to waffle. The universe (substitute your omnipotent supreme being of choice) listens to your ramblings, both verbal and non, and bends reality to grant you the fruits of your musings. For this reason alone, it is wise to pick an outcome and stick with it through to its conclusion.

Too often have I witnessed people flip-flopping over an idea or a decision. Example: "I must have him." "He's an ass, I don't want him." "I can't live without him." "I hope I never see him again." "He's the light of my life." This kind of polarity reversal is the cruelest trick you can play on the universe (and consequently - yourself) and can only result in its eventual agreement with you. That is to say, it will flop-flop along with each of your ruminations, enough to drive you mad.

This applies to everything in life. Your career will go nowhere if you keep putting out conflicting points of view on it. But once you focus on your chosen path, the universe has a clever way of aligning the doors, gates and paths to help you attain that reality. If you find yourself waffling..... stop. Convincing yourself of the worst is even better than waffling, because at least you can plan for the worst, once you've convinced yourself and the powers that be that it must happen.

No comments: