Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Consumers against Bill C-32

I have stepped up and used social networking to form a grass roots movement on a topic I am very passionate about. It's a Facebook group called Consumers Against Bill C-32.

The reason? Our government is suggesting that support for Bill C-32 is 'broad and deep', as they put it to the press. I challenge that notion and counter-suggest that Canadian consumers who have informed themselves regarding the effects of Bill C-32 know that the digital lock provision alone is a disaster because it trumps any and all consumer rights that may have been put in the Bill in favour of the entertainment industry. I am not against Copyright reform. I am against reform that trounces the rights of consumers, rights that we have enjoyed for decades.

I will be posting helpful online resources for visitors and members to get informed.

I invite you to show that you are against this by joining the group. Thank you and use your voice to speak up.

That is all.

P.S.: Tell your friends......

1 comment:

Bernie May said...

Go Karl.