Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fruitcake FTW!

I found a very tasty fruitcake at Costco the other day. They were giving out samples, which I have to say is the best marketing strategy ever. I bought it pronto (the accompanying picture is NOT said fruitcake).

I actually like (good quality) fruitcake. It probably stems from my childhood. You see, I used to eye the fruitcake other friends and family gave us as gifts when I was young. It would most often get put away in the pantry, never to see the light of day again. Although other family members forgot about its existence (at least temporarily), I most certainly did not.

I always knew the status of the fruitcake. I made a conscious decision most years to clandestinely get at the fruitcake, especially long after the holidays were over, when I figured the cake was a distant memory. It was my secret treat. Most of the fruitcake in our house ended up in me. My mother had not really forgotten about the fruitcake though. So when she noticed it was missing, the gig was up. The fruitcake thief was unmasked. But it was worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the same fruit cake for the same reason

Dvd