Friday, February 18, 2011

Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation

While I was in California, I decided to treat myself to a new gadget since the Apple store in Calgary doesn't seem to carry it. In this case, I bought a Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation. It's basically a 3600mAh lithium battery pack that will recharge any device that can get its charge through a USB cable. The juice pack was designed to work with Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads, but it is compatible with pretty much any USB-charged device. It's as light as a feather but can charge at a rate of up to 4 times faster than typical USB connected batteries.

You can use either the iPhone/iPod or iPad wall charger adapter to refill the juice pack - the iPad one will do the job in less time because of output power. I topped up my iPhone which was down to about a half charge and the juice pack's LED indicators only budged from 6 lights (full) to 5, so this baby has lots of power in store. This little power station will be a regular traveller with me now.

No comments: