Tuesday, April 05, 2011

I saw plenty of panties

I finally got to see Rebecca Northan's newest stage project, Kung Fu Panties. I wasn't sure what to expect, but after seeing her masterful performance and direction in Blind Date, I knew it should be good. I was not disappointed. The entire show is a spoof on the already silly Charlie's Angels schtick (among other genres), but Rebecca (centre), along with Chantal Perron (right) and the so-cute-you-could-pinch-her Julie Orton (left) make it work with some skin, some wit, some wicked choreography and some clever special effects. The show's run ended April 3rd in Calgary but I hope it comes back so that more people get to see what Rebecca described as "... a show that would lure non theatre goers into the theatre."

Considering that every show was sold out, I'd say it was 'mission accomplished'.

No comments: