Friday, July 01, 2011

Yelp to the rescue again

On the advice of other Yelpers (www.yelp.ca), Darlene and I went to Okotoks for a little drive and tried out The Heartland Cafe on McRae Street, housed in an old converted church. I tried the Mac & Cheese and Darlene had the chicken clubhouse on foccacia bread. Yummy. The dessert menu was practically screaming at us to try something, so Darlene tried the carrot cake and I took a chance on the coconut cream pie, both home-made from scratch. I can honestly say it was the best coconut cream pie I've ever had and the carrot cake, while not up to Darlene's standard, was pretty darn good. I've heard breakfast is good there too so we'll have to try to get down there one of these mornings to see.

Thank you Yelp! We never would have known if it wasn't for you.

No comments: