Thursday, August 23, 2012

An American blogs: How I lost my fear of Universal Health Care

An American die-hard conservative Republican moved to Canada wary of Canada's health care system. She didn't worry for long.

An excerpt:

"I started to wonder why I had been so opposed to government mandated Universal Health care. Here in Canada... people actually went in for routine check-ups and caught many of their illnesses early, before they were too advanced to treat. People were free to quit a job they hated, or even start their own business without fear of losing their medical coverage. In fact, the only real complaint I heard about the Universal Health Care from the Canadians themselves, was that sometimes there could be a wait time before a particular medical service could be provided. But even that didn’t seem to be that bad to me, in the States most people had to wait for medical care, or even be denied based on their coverage. ... The only people guaranteed immediate and full service in the USA, were those with the best (and most expensive) health coverage or wads of cash they could blow."

1 comment:

lenny said...

This is a good way of saying that Canada's healthcare system is far better than the USA. And here I am thinking that the USA is far more industrialized than Canada.