Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Not chained to technology... ROFL

I was reading a news article this morning about how in the not too distant future we will be able to pay for things with our cell phone.  The article mentioned that Canada still has a long way to go before this becomes a seamless reality, due to the fact that no standards have been established, nor is everyone on the same page in terms of who's Electronic Services will be used.  You can pay for things with your phone now, but the opportunity's are few and far in between.  That should change within the next five years, especially ones near field communication is a feature on all cell phones.

After reading the article, I decided to peruse the comments.  That's when the fun really starts.  You get people asking questions like "Well what if I lose my phone?"  Of course, you would react to that in the same way you would if you lost your wallet, you call the bank.  Then I really had a laugh when I read a comment that said "I love technology, but I refuse to be chained to it".

Seriously?  You refuse to be chained to technology?  Let me ask a few questions.  Do you own a car?  Do you own a cell phone?  Do you own a microwave oven?  Do you own any of the following items: a stove, a refrigerator, a television, a DVD player, a washing machine or drier, electric light bulbs, batteries, a furnace?  If you said yes to any of these, how can you say that you're not chained to technology?  In fact, I challenge most people to name one technology they are not using in their regular life.

No comments: