Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wiring your house for sound without wiring

As I mentioned a couple of years ago, I decided to 'wire' my house for sound by getting the 'wireless' Sonos sound system. Short description - it's a collection of wireless mesh-net devices that bridge to the home network to play music from a shared drive in any room in the house. The various Sonos devices contain everything from full receiver / amp / speaker systems to just the receiver to hook up to your existing stereo in a particular room.

I've taken the time to explore Sonos' other features and discovered that it also serves music services like Slacker Radio, which I used exclusively to play endless Holiday music during a recent party. But Sonos also accesses radio stations from around the world too.

No comments: