Saturday, November 01, 2014

Still loving my car

So while my B250 was in the shop and because a part they needed took longer than expected to get, I got to drive a loaner C300 sedan for 5 days.

Surprisingly, I was very glad to get my B250 back. Let me state right off the top that the C300 is a great sedan. It's got a lot of power and hugs the road very nicely, which it should, with the 4Matic all-wheel drive. The throaty exhaust is a nice touch as well. What I didn't like was how low the seats are compared to my much higher stanced B250. These old bones just don't like getting in and out of a low car anymore. I found the C300 a little more claustrophic on the inside. Darlene felt the same way on the passenger side. My car seems to coast much farther and faster than the C300. That probably has a lot to do with the weight difference and the transmission. I missed my rear view camera. I missed my auto-dimming mirrors. I missed my memory seats. I missed my no-nonsense gear selector wand on the steering wheel.

No comments: