Saturday, May 30, 2015

Uber lame

So, I figured I'd give Uber a shot on our latest trip to San Diego. Normally, I book a ride with Terramoto, but I just wanted to see how easy and pleasant Uber was for once. I signed up and linked my credit card. I registered. Good to go.

So we land in San Diego. I take my Canadian sim card out of my phone (because our roaming rates are insulting) and I replace it with my Roam Mobility sim card with an American phone number. Then I hail an Uber car.

Then I get a message that my car is 7 minutes away. Then I get a message that my trip has been cancelled. Why? Because the phone number I registered with isn't the same number as I have now.

So, what can I do about it? Well, at the moment, nothing. Could I fix it in the app? No. Could I contact Uber via the app and get them to fix it? No. I'd need to get online, log into Uber and change my account profile. I don't have time for that. I need a car. I need it now. Fail.

Thus ended my experience with Uber. I booked Terramoto for my ride back to the airport. He was early and he didn't care what my phone number was.

No comments: