Saturday, February 13, 2016

Another example of Big E bull

I spend a decent amount of time researching new music artists to expand my horizons. When I want to find out more about an artist I don't know very well, I usually go to allmusic.com

This site does a great job of describing the artists, indicating what their music is like, who they sound like, artist history, etc. They also list the artist's discography and in many cases, even let you sample 30 seconds of each song on an album. This is very helpful in deciding if I want to get the artist's music.

While looking to get some information on Brooklyn based band Wet, I searched the allmusic site and was greeted by this bullshit (see pic).

And people wonder why I hate the music industry establishment so much. You wanna hold back on the samples, fine. But holding back on information is just plain fascist.

There, I said it.

No comments: