Friday, November 10, 2017

Songs that are 50 years old this year (2017)

Lulu - To sir with love
The Beatles - All you need is love
The Doors - Light my fire / Love me two times
The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
The Association - Never my love
Bobbie Gentry - Ode to Billy Joe
Frankie Valli - Can't take my eyes off you
Herman's Hermits - There's a kind of hush
Aretha Franklin - Respect / Chain of fools / I never loved a man
Procol Harum - Whiter shade of pale
The Mamas and Papas - Dedicated to the one I love
Sam & Dave - Soul man
Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to love / White rabbit
Stevie Wonder - I was made to love you
The Spencer Davis Group - Gimme some lovin' / I'm a man
The 5th Dimension - Up up and away
Sonnie & Cher - The beat goes on
Jimi Hendrix - Purple haze / Foxey lady
Moody Blues - Nights in white satin
Chamber Brothers - Time has come today
Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl
The Bee Gees - To love somebody
Glen Campbell - Gentle on my mind
Love - Alone again or
Troggs - Love is all around
The Supremes - Love is here and now you're gone
Bobby Vinton - Please love me forever
Jackie Wilson - Your love keeps lifting me higher and higher
Johnny Rivers - Baby I need your lovin'

(anyone notice a theme?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this list!

Anonymous said...

I hate the song Up, Up, and Away. It's stuck in my head now, thank you. Heidi